As this Wiki is based on MediaWiki, the same engine that Wikipedia, there are lot's of resource and help available on the Internet.
A really useful (but quite long) help page concerning edition is on Help:Editing @ Wikipedia.
This cheat sheet is a really convenient way to have those infos in a condensed page.
Also here is the content of the Editing Tips page:
- To redirect a page to another page, replace the page contents with:
- To sign your name (with date), for example on talk pages:
(MediaWiki will automatically convert it for you)
- To sign your name (without date):
- Wal provides rationale and etiquette guidelines here.
- To place a page in a category, add:
- To make an internal link:
[[PageName | Page description]]
- To make an external link:
[http://www.example.com Site description]
- To indent a paragraph, put a colon (:) at the start of it
- To present one or more paragraphs in monospace font in a box, put a space ( ) at the start of it/them.
- If only a small section of monospace font is required surround it with <tt>text</tt> tags.