Some rules to encourage civilised wiki usage
- This is a public place. Try to avoid offending readers.
- Use a writing style suitable for a technical university audience. Designs can be egregious, but not gay.
- Sign your work on discussion pages.
- No spoofing when signing edits.
- Attribute your sources to avoid accusations of plagiarism.
- Attach files instead of linking to URLs wherever possible.
- No arguments-by-editing, e.g. changing a word of a sentence you disagree with. Instead, add your opinion to the page, making the disagreement clear.
- Keep disagreements civil and non-personal.
- Clean up after yourself. If you wrote something that grows old, remove it.
- Clean up after other people. It is OK to improve others work.
- If you struggle to understand, or disagree with, anything, post a question or comment.
- Use the normal page tab of any topic for distilled encyclopaedia-like info, and the discussion tab for work in progress, debates, & noting what you wrote on the normal page.